Lower Grisedale Lodge is a spacious ground floor holiday cottage which sleeps up to 5 people in comfort. It is the perfect base for a relaxing holiday with most of the Lake District attractions an easy drive away – and with great walking from the doorstep!
The cottage is designed around a large hall with its own settee and quiet corners where you can escape everyone else (if you need to!). The cottage has:
* Well equipped kitchen with breakfast table and plenty of storage space as well as an electric double oven and hob, fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine.
* Large lounge and dining room with a multi fuel stove and storage heater. There is a modern TV with Sky freeview and DVD player, a mini hi fi system and plenty of books and info about the Lake District, as well as some DVDs and CDs. There is also WiFi access. This lounge leads into the lovely conservatory and the garden.
* 3 comfortable bedrooms: a double bedroom, a twin bedded room and a single room. All have storage heaters, new beds and fitted wardrobes, with plenty of room for all the things you bring on holiday!
* Bathroom with bath, separate shower, toilet and wash basin.
* Large garden (which we also use) where you can enjoy the peace and quiet or the kids can run around and let off steam.
* Parking for up to two cars and storage for bikes and other equipment.
* Cot and highchair available – please ask for details.
* Sorry - no smoking and no pets.
The villages of Patterdale and Glenridding are both within walking distance and provide a wide range of services: village shops, post office, pubs, cafes, internet cafe, medical centre and National Park Information Centre.
Ullswater lake is also close by - ideal for messing about on the lake. Ullswater Steamers sail every day from Glenridding to Howtown or Pooley Bridge; you can hire motor boats or rowing boats (or even mountain bikes) from Glenridding Boating Centre; and Glenridding Sailing Centre has yachts, canoes and kayaks for hire and can also provide expert tuition. Or you can just go paddling .... and have an afternoon nap on the lakeshore!